Butternut Squash Risotto
A deliciously creamy Veggie Dinner for the whole family to enjoy! If you are serving this dish to adults you will definitely require some extra seasoning once you have taken your little ones portion out!
Serves 6 (You can half the recipe if needed)
- 1 Small butternut squash, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- A few springs of thyme
- 350g risotto rice
- 1 1/2 litres baby friendly veggie stock
- 2 knobs of butter
- 30-40g grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- Black pepper (and salt for adults)
- Finely dice the shallots and gently fry until transparent.
- Add the diced butternut squash and thyme and fry for 10 mins. Add the garlic and fry for a further 1 minute.
- Add the rice and turn the heat up high and cook for 1 min.
- Lower the heat and add a couple of ladles of stock and stir until the liquid has been absorbed. Then add another ladle of stock, stir and allow the liquid to absorb once more and repeat the process.
- The risotto needs to be on a very low heat and stirred regularly. Continue adding ladles of stock and letting it absorb until all of the stock had been used. This whole process should take 35-40 mins.
- Once the rice is completely cooked, stir through the butter, parmesan and cream cheese and season to your taste (remember babies should not have salt).
I drizzled mine with a little truffle oil too! Enjoy!